Monday, June 7, 2010

Ants in my pants...

I did come across the idiom "ants in my pants" once before, not that i took note of it mentally.
It has been one week i shifted to Vellore to join IDTRC (Infectious Diseases Research and Training Centre) in the renowned Christian Medical College, Vellore, as a junior research officer. The Stipend was nominal, at least for me, as i was earning almost up to three times back home in Hyderabad. But the prospect of learning from the best medical college in India is far more tempting than financial worries.
CMC officially didn't provide accommodation, but our boss was generous to let us use his guest house for a nominal pay of maintenance. I really didn't have any expectations about the place...... i have stayed in more dingy places that would have scared the hell out of Saddam Hussein! But the place was a beauty....
It was a big bungalow near Katpadi and my room was an 10 * 15 feet! had a good attached bathroom and was more than happy to arrange all my stuff in a plush rosewood dressing table cum wardrobe.
I spent most of the night trying to sleep. In addition to the factor that it was a new place,thanks to face book and HBO, i had screwed up my sleeping habits back home.I woke up late in the morning and rushed to the office in a set of brand new clothes from my wardrobe.I was feeling very uncomfortable, but attributed it to my "rushed up" bath. This discomfort was pretty bad a little later after i reached the office. As I was trying to figure out what was wrong, one of my senior colleagues, who stayed in the same bungalow on the first floor, said "Hey Abhishek! hope you had good sleep.I forgot to tell you,if you are using the rosewood wardrobe from in the master bedroom, just check your clothes before you wear them. There are lots of ants in the house."

No comments:

Post a Comment